- I have an obligation to listen to your problems, as you see them.
- It is always my client's concerns that should drive strategy.
- I succeed only when I am a zealous, honest, passionate advocate for my clients.
- I need to lay out clearly the risk and rewards of the tactics we'll use.
- Clients help me do better work if they are fully informed of the law.
- I need to explain things in ordinary English and not legalese.
- Clients have a right to read everything I've written before it's submitted.
- The law's purpose is to solve problems.
- Clients and opponents must be treated with respect.